Task automation is the use of software to reduce the manual handling of simple tasks or a series of more complex tasks with the goal of making processes more efficient and employees more productive.
Atgen A2 Automation, provides task automation with simple and powerful defined apps using YAML format. These can be easily controlled using Web Interface, API’s or Command Line Interface.
Building Processes with Automated Tasks
Task automation software that make designing a complex series of tasks much simpler. In most cases, tasks are arranged using dependency tree, that allows for a variety of different task types to be arranged and connected to simulate the real-world task workflow. This also sometimes referred to as "workflow automation."
The tasks in a process can include forms to be completed, approvals to be provided, assignment of work, triggering of another system, data retrieval, sending emails and alerts, etc. Most task automation software includes a variety of pre-built tasks like these that can be arranged sequentially or in parallel, based on the order tasks typically follow. Below is invoice processing task:
Atgen A2 Automation is an application that runs within a task automation system and makes decisions automatically based on preset rules. These decisions usually involve deciding how a task should be accomplished, who should do it, how to know when it's successfully completed, and what needs to be done next.
For instance, you might have a task that's part of the process for onboarding new hires. The task is to make sure a new hire is properly entered into the payroll system.
1. How should the task be accomplished? By selecting the proper salary classification for the new hire.
2. Who should do it? The HR administrator for the new hire's region.
3. How will we know the task is completed? When the salary classification is selected submitted.
4. What needs to be done next? The salary classification must be reviewed and approved by the HR Director.
This task could be automated in several ways:
1. As the new hire is entered into the system, the salary classification is automatically added based on title or other data.
2. The task could be automatically assigned to the proper HR administrator based on the new hire's office location.
3. A new task could automatically be assigned to the HR Director upon submission.
4. If the selected salary classification is inappropriate for the title and department, it could automatically come back to the HR administrator for adjustment.